Selling in Amazon,Flipkart,SnapDeal Queries - Business & Economy - E-Commerce - TIK Share

Selling in Amazon,Flipkart,SnapDeal Queries

Nilanjan Basu

2015-04-25

Hi,

Here is my query:

Is it mandatory to register a LLP/Pvt Ltd for selling in Flipkart/Amazon? Me and my partner want to start selling on these sites. How can we go about it without registering an LLP?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-04-25

It is not compulsory to register as a private limited to start selling on flipkar, amazon or any other website. Legally you can sell on any portal but it depends on terms and condition of portal on which you are selling.

I have clients selling on these portals and are not private limited. However if you target investors, a private limited is must.

You can register on these portals as partnership or propreitorship also but you need to have VAT registration.

Nilanjan Basu

2015-04-25

Does that mean I can have a VAT registration for our unregistered partnership?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-04-25

Yes, you can register with your partnership firm. You must be having an agreement with your friend?

Nilanjan Basu

2015-04-25

As we are just starting, we have not put anything in papers yet. How do I proceed about getting an agreement for partnership?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-04-25

Ok ,this is the procedure:

Get a stamp paper of 1000 Rs., draft the partnership agreement on it (take professional help or refer agreement of any other firm).

Apply for PAN of firm.

Apply for VAT.

Once you get VAT registraiton, you can register on portals.

Nilanjan Basu

2015-04-25

Also is the agreement necessary? Can we just do the VAT registration for both of the partners?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-04-26

Without partnership agreement, you can take vat registration on your names. You have to take vat registration on both of your names.

One of also can take vat registration on his name and start selling. Procedure is same.

Nilanjan Basu

2015-06-25

Hi Pulkit,

One more question, if we do VAT registration on both of our names, then also do we need to apply for PAN of firm? Can we just both of our PAN and proceed with VAT registration? Also what all documents would we require for VAT registration? Can you please help us with the VAT registration process?

Thanks,

Nilanjan

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-06-26

You need not to take new PAN if you take registration on your personal names. You can keep a trade name and start your business.

Documents for VAT registration are:

1. Rent agreement of Business place
  2. Electricity bill of Business place
  3. Rent agreement of residance place
  4. Electricity bill of residence place
  5. Address proof - Voter Id/Aadhar etc.
  6. PAN
  7. 2 PP photos
  8. Bank account details