VAT and Commercial tax - Professionals - GST - TIK Share
0 Likes 374 Views

VAT and Commercial tax

hmanohar2005 .


Dear sir,


I have started school Uniform Business  and supplying to schools, Since this is seasonal business and My turn over will be below 5 lacs per year.


Recently I had problem getting parcel from Sholapur to Bangalore ,In Bangalore they asked bill with tin no. which I did,t have and had to pay penalty


Please advise how to overcome this problem, Can I use dummy  tin no: 29000000000 for Transaction




CA Pulkit Sharma


Upto 10 Lakhs in a year is exempted. But if you are involved in interstate trades then you need to have VAT registration.

You cannot buy or sale from and Karntaka without TIN. You need to provide E-Sugam for any interstate purchase.

As per provisions related to registration in Karnataka act, any dealer who buys or sells outside Karntaka need to take VAT registration.

Since you bought from Solhapur, which is out of Karntaka, you need to take VAT registraiton.