How you select a Professional for the service outsourcing - Professionals - General - TIK Share
1 Likes 419 Views

How you select a Professional for the service outsourcing

Rahul Rai

We require professionals to work on our behalf or sometime for consultancy.

Different people have different criterias to select the professional. But what should not be the basis for selection, lets discuss some of them here.

Name: The name should never be a reason to not select a professional. He may be Amar, Akbar or Anthony. Hope you got my intention is to say it.

Cost: Cost is again a criteria that should not have much weightage in selection of professionals. They sale services and not goods and the fees they charge is because of their expertise.

Online Reviews: The basic question here is, Do you believe online reviews? Just go to Justdial and check the top listing, ofcourse it will a paid one. And check the reviews, these listings will have lot of reviews and most of them similar, so what it indicates. Ok another check is read the listing, and than do a google cache check. By google cache check you can get an older copy of the listing. Compare the reviews. How come reviews increase after it becomes paid listing. Reason is the listing should top all filters.

Fancy site: Common, what you need to develop a fancy site is few Flash codes, jquery etc. not his professional expertise. Again do a copyscape of the site, and check whether contents are self written or copied. You only require a SEO consultant to develop one big search targeted site and not the professional expertise.

Big Promises: Never go for a professional who claim in his site or reviews that he is Expert or extraordinary in work. Believe me none of the professional bodies allow their members to claim it. If everyone is expert, than what is the need of Courts.

Above are some of criteria i had in mind. Will update in this thread if come across some other. You can also keep your views.

Rahul Rai

One more thing REFERENCE. So you consider reference, from my experiance someone refer because of these reasons.

1. Relative
  2. friend
  3. Had availed service before
  4. I suffered now its your turn
  5. others

Except number 3, all other are of no use to validate a professional's appointment.