, and comparison and review - Business & Economy - E-Commerce - TIK Share, and comparison and review

Prakash mehta

cardekho, carwale and cartrade are fighting hard to get mximum visitor on their site. However the market is controled by unorganised sellers.

These newly launched portal are making lot from E-Commerce race. Let us try to compare these 3 portals and check which one wins the race.

Cardekho is financed by Ratan Tata and got lot of publicity due to this. Cardekho was launched in 2008 and won many prizes for best design and best website for cars.

Carwale was founded in 2005 and is owned by Axel Springer organisation and the India Today Group.

Cartrade founded in 2010 is the most visited site of India.

Most of these portals are focusing on used cars segment. Even while advertising their main focus is on used car. Just like other E-Commerce websites even these portals are battling hard to get more visitors., and comparison and review

Stock Guru

There are many other portals which sell cars online. The time is changine and so is behaviour of buyers. Buyers are ready to shop online whether its a car or pen.

Before I give my review about these portals let me tell you that carwale and cardekho are also using third party advertising services such as Google adsense to moentise their websites which I find hard to digest.

Car Finance facilities at, and

Basically thesee portal seems more like a classified portal. Sellers can list their cars and buyers can contact the sellers.

I was not able to find a single finance product at the site. I used their serach facility, cardekho and carwale are full of advertisements. Cartrade have a discussion facility where these questions related to car finance are explained.

Design and easy to sell

Comparing the design is a enjoyeable task as you can surf the full site though you do not want to. In designing department, wins. Cartrade design is confusing and difficult to use.

Carwale has better form to fill the details. Cardekho is better than cartrade.

Almost all of these portal have free and premium listings. has 100% return policy with star mark.

Online reviews of, and and online image of these portals

First point to note, it is difficult to search reviews of these site online for a non-technical person since all results on first few pages of Google will be of what you search.

For example if you search review of, the first results will show results of reviews on listed for different cars.

On the biggest review site of India, has 3 stars. has 4 stars and Cartrade has 3.5 stars.

Just like our design review, even here Cardekho wins. Cartrade is new compared to other 2 portals and more reviews should be checked before coming to any conclusion.

Rahul Rai

We have to see whether these online portals can win the offline traders. Most of us like to touch and feel the car before buying.

I think people will first go to showrooms, check the car and then if find car cheaper online then will order here.

Second hand cars have a big market online because of these sites providing offers like 100 days warranty and moneyback policy.

The second hand car market is unorganised and offline traders make a lot of money. But since these portals provide an opportunity to negotiate with different buyers and higher prizes due to buyers competition, the overall online car market has big opportunity.

CA Pulkit Sharma

Carwale is getting good publicity due to investment by Ratan Tata, but as per me Cartrade is making more money. I read in a newspaper, do not remember but one of these company was earlier selling offline and now doing it online also.