Difficult to retrieve password in income tax site for return - Professionals - Taxation - TIK Share
0 Likes 1030 Views

Difficult to retrieve password in income tax site for return

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-10-26

Recently some CA students were in news by hacking the accounts of some businessmans. Income tax Department have taken the steps to correct the flaw in retrieving password.

How could any one get the password earlier?

You had to send the mail at validate@incometaxindia.gov.in with some basic details, and department would send you the password. But now this system is not continued and it has become difficult to obtain the password.

Hower other options are available to reset the password. Options available are:

1. Answer Secrete question
  2. Upload DSC
  3. Enter aknowledgment number and bank details

Now the site is safe and data is safe with IT department.

The issue was earlier discussed here 

CHANGES REQUIRED

But still some improvements are to be made and more facilities to be made online by Income Tax Department. And recent case of Hackings by CA students has socked the users. Actually it’s not a Hacking in technical terms; it is just a misuse of facility provided by Income Tax Department. It is very easy to get the Income Tax password of any user. Continue...

Ganesh babu k

2013-10-26

you dont need password to file income tax return

taxcloudindia.com facilitates this

just file return from this website and reset password with itrv generated and bank account number

Ganesh babu k

2013-10-26

Kindly refer attached file containing an article in this regard

New_Approach_to_Reset_Income_tax_efiling_id_password.zip 

in my opinion it is very big demirit of cbdt,where tax payer interests were not protected

you just need a pan card to file income tax return,...i guess cbdt will close this website

Ganesh babu k

2013-10-26

Kindly refer attached file containing an article in this regard

New_Approach_to_Reset_Income_tax_efiling_id_password.zip 

in my opinion it is very big demirit of cbdt,where tax payer interests were not protected

you just need a pan card to file income tax return,...i guess cbdt will close this website