VAT Registration in Karnataka - Professionals - GST - TIK Share
4 Likes 1470 Views

VAT Registration in Karnataka

Mukesh Jain CA


The details / information required for the VAT registration in karnataka is as under:


  1. PAN card of the Company or the firm or the proprietor
  2. PAN card of all the directors, Person in charge or Manager.

3.  Rental agreement, electricity bill of the location of the place of business.

4.  NOC from the owner of the premises (If required).

5.  Incorporation certificate of the company.

6.  MOA, AOA of the company.

7.  Photos of all the directors, partners, Proprietor.

8.  Address proof of all the directors, person in charge or the partners or the proprietor as the case may be.

9.  Bank a/c details of the company or the firm or the proprietor.


The above are the minimum documents which needs to be filed at the time of the registration. There may be some additional documents which may be required depending upon case to case basis.

CA Pulkit Sharma


One more thing in case you live in your own house than you have to also produce the Property tax receipt.

And once a lady inspector asked the sale deed!!!

As per me the karnataka vat Act is horrible. They have given immense power to inspector without defining them. for example in case of documents after mentioning documents act says any other documents as required by officer.

What is the meaning of any other document. And points like these have given scope of corruption.


Mukesh Jain CA


Also please refer to notification dated 26/03/2013 issued by commercial tax department. As per this there are few more documents which needs to be submitted. These are as under: 1. Identity proof of proprietor / all partners / directors like Driving Licence / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar Card / Gas bill (recent document) of all Partners or directors or proprietor. 2. Proof of residence of proprietor / partners / directors / authorized person. Rental Agreement /Lease Agreement in case of a rented building shall be accompanied by a electricity bill. In case of own building copy of the receipt of the property tax paid for latest period. 3. Bank Statement of proprietor / partners / directors / authorized person.