Party freaks beware! Rape drugs sale on rise - General - Lifestyle - TIK Share
4 Likes 924 Views

Party freaks beware! Rape drugs sale on rise

Kishlay Singh

2014-04-11

Midnight is approaching closer as the minutes are dragging by. Irresistible men with wicked smiles and mischievous intentions seem to be getting all set to get on and get jiggy . Pretty girls in pretty dresses yet to booze up and get in the mood. The DJ is fixing his sound mixer, insinuating from time to time through a testing ‘check’ that it’s time! It’s time for getting high and dancing to the euphoric beats of Cruz and Madonna. It’s time for letting go of all social inhibitions and unleashing the inner boogie beast as the music unfolds. Time for white lies, dark secrets and scandalous intimacies. Time for a midnight party!

A girl at the corner sits alone, walking her gaze all around, probably anticipating someone to approach and offer a drink. She’s still anticipating, and look, a boy is approaching her
!  They seem to know each other. He sits besides the girl and orders a drink, indulging into a chit-chat. Half an hour has passed by. They’re drinking, laughing and chatting . Suddenly the boy leaves the club with the girl. Nobody seems to care.

The girls surprisingly wakes up late in her cottage next morning. Nothing in head. No memories of the previous night loitering in the conscious. Everything seems to be fine, yet anxiety prevails. And as she gets down and walks up to the bathroom, she feels uneasiness in her privies—a burning sensation that seems to get worse with urination; an aching hip too accompanies her gait.  Was she drugged and raped? She’s not sure. This uncertainty is making her reluctant to report the rape or even get biologically tested. She gets ready and leaves for college pondering all the way what happened previous night.

The days have never been the same for her since then. A chronic pelvic pain seems to dominate her life, and she has been noticing bleeding from her vagina since a couple of days (nothing like menstrual blood). The situation gets worse when she’s unable to have an intercourse with her boyfriend due to unbearable vaginal pain during penetration. She goes to a gynecologist the other day, and upon examination, finds out that she’s been suffering from a condition called primary vaginumus—a gynecological aftermath of drug-facilitated rape in her case!

The story you read above is of a girl who became victim of a party drug called Rophenol(also known as necrozep or Rohipnol). This colorless, odorless, tasteless drug is powerful and dangerous, and can be slipped into your drink when you are not looking and there’s no way you can't tell if you are being drugged. Besides making you weak and confused, if can even let you pass out so that you are unable to say no an intercourse or defend yourself even if you do resist. The most typical thing about using this drug is that the victim couldn’t remember what happened while she was under its influence—a condition called anterograge amnesia.

The amnesia inducing property of Rophenol makes drug-facilitated sexual assault a particularly complex crime to scrutinize; the victim doesn’t know whether she was raped. Very often, biological samples are taken from the victim at a time when the effects of the drug have already passed and only residual amounts remain in the body fluids. These residual amounts are difficult, and sometimes impossible, to detect using standard screening process. The presense of rophenol can be genuinely detected only if urine samples of victim are collected within 72 hours from introduction of the drug.  

The use of rophenol has been a common thing in countries like US, france and germany as a prescription drug, apart from its over-the-counter abuse, but now it’s is sale is on rise in India too. The intensifying party ambience implies more ladies going to rave parties, more ladies experimenting with drinks, and more ladies falling victims to date rape drugs. It’s estimated that a new case of rape is reported every 22 minutes in India, most of which are rophenol-facilitated. Not to mention most these rape cases go unreported owing to the victims inability to recall the traumatic episode.

If a person suspects that he or she is the victim of a rophenol-facilitated rape, he or she should get laboratory testing for flunitrazepam(the chemical content for Rophenol) as soon as possible. Scientists have developed a new technology which can be used to detect  flunitrazepam and related compounds in urine at least up to 5 days after administration of a single dose and up to a month in hair.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-04-12

Its amazing. Kishlay Believe me, you are going to be a big name for writers in India. I never read a full article. But this one i read full and liked the way you write.

Rahul Rai

2014-04-12

Its a talent to write. Informative and interesting. Keep it up bro

SEO Guru

2014-04-12

You really write good articles. But i would suggest you to improve your Search Engine Optimization. Read the posts by Pulkit in forum they are well optimized. You can improve your articles for google by breaking the article in points and heading of each point you write in

. For more help just write a discussion and i will write full methods in that post.

Kishlay Singh

2014-04-12

Thanks Pulkit...Your comment is a positive reinforcement for me that will encourage me further to write more such articles. :) Thanks Rahul...for identifying my talent and appreciating :) Thanks Mr. SEO... Your criticism will enable me to work on my SEO skills in future articles. The problem is that I am studying print journalism where SEO is not required. However, I understand writing for web requires optimization in its full right becoz unless and until an article is visible on search engine, it's worth nothing. I will definitely try to improve. Thanks once again. :)

Mukesh Jain CA

2014-04-16

Very amazing, informative, Cautious article. Keep it up.

Mukesh Jain CA

2014-04-16

Girls need to be very cautious about the drinks they take. A small mistake - also be very disastrous. All girls should read this article.

Kishlay Singh

2014-04-20

Thanks mukesh!! Yes you're right... The growing party culture of India requires girls to be more cautious of drug facilitated sexual assault. Let's hope things go well in the light of creating mass awareness regarding rape drugs. And yes every girl should read it :)