Retirement funds and investment at age of 25 - Business & Economy - Investment - TIK Share

Retirement funds and investment at age of 25

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-07-03

What are your plans at age of 25 to secure your retirement? Are you looking for an investment deal or investing in PPF and other pension schemes?

Is it too early to think about retirement at age of 25?

Rahul Rai

2015-07-03

It is not too early to think about retirement at age of 25. Retirement does not mean you have to wait till 65. You can retire at any age. As per me retirement is from profession or our job.

It can be planned at any time. Everyone should think of retirement at an early age because:

1. You can follow your hobby after retirement.
  2. Do not waste whole life in making money only, there are lot of things one should be doing other than making money.
  3. You can start your business or dedicate life to something you love to do professionaly.

One should start investing in Real Estate, Pension schemes and equities to retire at an early age. I am doing a bit.

What is your stretagy?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-07-03

In my case I am not investing in anything but in myself. I own a software company, which is not making any profits but building few assets for future monetization.

As a practicing CA, it is not possible to save in initial years. Infact in any business first 3-4 years you will only earn enough to improve your profession and build a brand name.

However, I think in my position I should be following this stretagy.

Real Estate real estate has given highest returns to anyone I discussed with. Rich Dad Poor dad, the book discuss real estate investment as greatest.

But it is not possible to buy any land or plot because I do not have savings to buy one as of now. However my stretagy is to take a loan from bank, we can get a plot in tier 2 and tier 3 cities within 8 lakhs.

It is possible to pay EMI each month but not pay 8 lakhs in one go.

Retirement Funds In India I do not think any of the retirement fund is worth to invest. I mean consider PPF, it has lock in period of 15 years. By the time time we withdraw funds from PPF, inflation will be high and withdrawn amount will not help you marry your daughter too.

Retirement funds are not in my list as of now.

Equities I am a big fan of stocks and shares and ofcourse my portfolio will have equities. Equities perform better than any other investment except real estate. Easy to liquidate and very low transaction cost. However equities are equally risky and returns depends on general economic conditions.

25 is an age where you must be invest in risky products as you can earn again even if you lose and have a long period remaining to accomodate any flactuation.

Ganesh babu k

2015-07-03

1.Investment in equities:

equity as an asset class caan help to beat inflaton,savetaxes and earn higher ROI.Hence it will build a significant corpus in the Long run.one who have capacity to judge company value may invest in equities directly and one who dont want to take risk may leverage the mutualfund route to get exposure to equity asset class.And there are many type of funds available and one who dont want to take risk may choose balanced and hybrid funds for theier retirement corpus.

2.INVESTMENT IN LAND

Everyone should invest in LAND because it is the only thing which is limited and no one can make it.i have seen people who used motorcycle and cycle during their job and invested in land was using audi cars after their retirement.so i am very bullish on investment in LAND

Ganesh babu k

2015-07-03

3.iNVESTMENT IN GOLD

one should invest atleast 15-20% of his portfolio in GOLD as it will provide protection against erosion of paper currency and macro economic shocks.And  if u see deeply i understand gold investment is only for risk reducing rather than wealth generating.as i feel equity,LAND and debt investments take care of wealth generating aspect. i prefer investment in GOLD BONDS(ETF) INSTEAD OF PHYSICAL GOLD INVESTMENT.

4.)i like atal pension yojana very much and sukanya samrudhi scheme for your daughter marraige expence.

5)And........

Ganesh babu k

2015-07-03

one should start investment targetting higher ROI at the earliest age possible in systamatic way.

So Earn more spend less save some invest more

If you want to spend more Earn some more..............

Haha do share your plans