Who are Gazetted Officers for signing documents required to obtain Digital Signature Certificate?
Untill recent times everything was working fine, but you do not feel importance of rules unless made mandatory and difficult.
To get a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) you need to get your documents verified by a Bank Manager, Post Master or a Gazetted Officers.
In first place I do not understand requirement of this rule. Second do you really think a Bank Manager, Post Master of Gazetted Officers will be interested in attesting these documents?
I have few applications with me to obtain DSC but no one is ready to sign.
Why this change in rules? Second,
Who is a Gazetted Officers for the purpose of attesting DSC applications? How do a layman scout for Gazetted Officers to attest the documents of DSC application?
You are right the rules are creating problems. But if the person/ applicant has an account in any any govt bank, it should not be difficult for them to get their documents attested by the bank managers.
The documents can be attested by any one of the following
1. Group A/ B Gazetted officers
2.Bank Manager/ Authorised executive
Now Group A Gazetted officers includes the following
- All India services though posted to states
- Police officers (Circle Inspector and above)
- Additional District Civil surgeons
- Executive Engineers and above
- District Medical Officer and above
- Lt. Col and above
- Principals of Government Colleges and above
- Readers and above of Universities
- Patent Examiner etc.
Group B Gazetted officers includes the following
- Section Officer
- BDO(Block Development Officer)
- Junior Doctors in Government Hospitals
- Assistant Executive Engineer
- Lectures in Government colleges
- Headmaster of Government high schools
- 2nd Lieutenant to Major
The Attesting officer should mention his/her Name, designation, office address and contact number, and the same should be clearly visible.
Hope this helps
Thank you very much. Appreciate your detailed approach to the discussion.
Dear Mr. Rahul,
To avoid these Problems, You can get Aadhar Based Paperless Digital Signatures for Applicants who are having Aadhar Card without Any Application Form, No Attestation Required, No Documents Required.
Call us on 011-43082971, 8800771170 for more details.