Closing LLP - Business & Economy - Entrepreneurship - TIK Share

Closing LLP

Mahesh Kumar

2015-10-05

Hello Experts, 

Need a suggestion. I have a LLP resgistered but haven't done any business so far, now I dropped my plan and joining with my friend's business. Do I need to close the LLP properly or can I leave it as it is for now and can be used for my own business in future? Please advise. 

Thanks, 

Prasanna

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-10-06

If you dont want to close the LLP, you still need to file some forms every year (Form 8 and Form 11). If these are on done on time, cost is very less.

It is advised to close the LLP if you have not filed the forms yet.

Mahesh Kumar

2015-10-07

Thanks Pulkit Sharma. 

For this year, I have already already filed the forms, I'm just just trying to find the possibility of keeping it open by filing the Form 8 and 11 every year and may be in 2 years, I can start doing business of my own under the same LLP.

Do you see any difficulties on this? Pleas advise.

Thanks, 

Prasanna Thirumal.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-10-07

If you are filing form 8 and form 11 on time, then I do not see any problem. You can do this and start business anytime in future.

Mahesh Kumar

2015-10-12

Thank you once again. One last question...

My auditor told me that for this year he had filled Form 8 and 11 with ROC and yet to file for IT dept. Also said, IT dept had increased the deadline, so he will file that before end of this month. 

I'm confused here on how many filings we should make for LLP. Can you please explain.

Thanks.

Prasanna Thirumal..