Need Karnataka Vat E registration Help - Professionals - GST - TIK Share
0 Likes 888 Views

Need Karnataka Vat E registration Help

Sarika Varshney

2015-11-09

I need to sell products of absolutely different types , computer, home , fitness..

so do i need separate vat for all ? , how do i fill the second page of VAT ereg form , it asks for one particular product type, or simply i shouldnt fill?

with multiple types of products how much prof tax and security i have to pay ?

actually can u guide me fill the form ?

Also I need VAT to buy products , so no buying till now , will no setup to show be an issue for Vat inspector ?

Thanks

Sarika

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-11-09

On second page you can add different kind of products. One you have selected the product or item, click on add button.

The item will be added to your registration list, you can select another item to add and so on.

Regarding setup, if you live in an appartment, vat registration is difficult or impossible. You need to have a commercial setup to obtain vat registration.

A small shop will work in this case. Please remember though you can fill the application online but still you have to visit vat department 2-4 times.

c  shekar

2015-11-10

Hi Pulkit,

New to group, not sure if this was discussed.

Why VAT requires commercial establishment as a mandatory thing. If government is receiving taxes is that is not sufficient, why indirectly government want to support commercial space rentals. More virtual platforms for selling the more benefit to government in form of taxes. What prompts government to keep this clause as must.

Why there is no amendment or voice on this, finance experts should able to bring up this and help many people who cannot afford commercial space.

Anyhow in VAT registration, prospective seller need to declare what he is going to sell. So why government expects commercial space to be there.

Shekar

Mahesh Kumar

2015-11-25

Hello Ms. Sarika Varshney, 

I'm also in similar trouble like you with VAT application. I've registered LLP with my home address, now for applying VAT, everyone telling inspector will demand for commercial space. 

Thinking like if you decide to rent any commercial space we can share the rent and both can use the same address as we dont need an typical office setup. Just a thought, wanted to check.

Thanks, 

Prasanna

c  shekar

2015-12-06

Hi Prasanna,

To my knowledge two business entities cannot hold same address, this mostly not allowed.

Have just same problem as yours, now thinking of taking commercial space for rent.

Shekar

Sarika Varshney

2015-12-06

I don't know why people spreading this msg everywhere or just half aware and routine stuff they say.home address is allowed for vat registration

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-12-06

Hi Sarika,

We have succesfully done the registration at home addresses but never at a flat situated in housing societies.

Though legally you need to have a commercial place for registration and open platform no one will say you can get vat registration at home address :)

In India things happens out of books too, but there are guidelines when you discuss things on an open platform.

Sarika Varshney

2015-12-06

Tho i havent tried vat registration till now, but this is what i see so many people having medical stores etc in house garage given on rent. They arenot commercial spaces

Sarika Varshney

2015-12-06

I haven't asked for residential vat reg.im just looking for procedure.

Sarika Varshney

2015-12-06

Interesting response . Im yet to do vat reg.but waiting for gst 

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-12-06

Independent houses are allowed for vat registration. See practically it works like this, you commit a mistake and no one complains its alright.

Similarly if you get a vat registration in flat, for sure people will complain about the disturbance they will face due to inconveniance caused and matter may go to higher authority, so people at lower levels such as inspectors do not risk by giving registrations at a flat.

However independent house are safe as people are not much educated about land laws and complains are very uncertain.

Recently Karnataka government is working on a law to shift all businesses out of residential areas.

Sarika Varshney

2015-12-06

Nice details, what about online business, which doesn't cause disturbances,actually not even to your spouse :-D

c  shekar

2015-12-06

Hi Pulkit,

Your patience in explaining things is great. We often come across people who charge even for suggestions. But you have gone beyond and established good communication platform. A prospect who is willing to avail services will definitely feel much comfortable to see these and come forwart do sign up for any work contract.

Shekar

Sarika Varshney

2015-12-06

True that.cheers for Pulkit

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-12-06

Thank you Shekar and Sarika for your kind wordsd. I have learnt a lot from internet and it is time to give back a little.

Mahesh Kumar

2015-12-10

Hi Pulkit Sir, 

Thanks a lot for your inputs here, Thanks to Sarika and Sekar as well.

My question here is when VAT registration is allowed for residential address, why not 2 registrations can be done for the same address. in that case, how the reg is being done for more than one shops in a commercial complex.

Thanks, 

Prasanna

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-12-11

It is not like registration cannot be done in a building for 2 business. You can obtain 2 or more registration in a building if shops have different entrance and are individualy seperately addressable, say part A and Part B.

It is confusing but in simple words, you cannot have 2 registrations in a single room but can have if the single room have a partition.

Manjunath Prasad

2016-01-08

Is it ok to show shared office/virtual office as commercial space? What is the cost breakup if i do the registration myself ?