VAT and CST Application in Bommasandra - Professionals - GST - TIK Share
0 Likes 293 Views

VAT and CST Application in Bommasandra

Diana Joshi

2016-03-21

I am a company situated in Gujarat & have opened up a cafe in Bommasandra Bangalore. I am not getting VAT & CST certificate as the department is asking for Domicile certificate of Director, which is a long process in Gujarat. Is there any law or act in which exception to Domicile certificate is mentioned?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2016-03-21

Domicile certificate is a big issue in doing vat registration in Karnataka. Karnataka state government recently concluded Karnataka investment summit, how companies can do business if government comes up with such useless documentation requirement. In India 99% people do not have domicile certificate, fortunately I have.

You can request vat department to issue certificate based on application made for domicile certificate. Submit the application to department and check whether they can issue or not.

Rahul Rai

2016-03-21

I will be straight forward in answering your doubts. First, are you a consultant or employee of the company?

Have you promised or already paid bribe to concerned officer?

VAT law is useless in Karnataka. As per VAT Act, for registration you should provide documents among others which SATISFY OFFICER. Tell me honestly which document will satisfy him, a green note with Gandhi photo on it.

Check the notification of domicile certificate  APRILNOTIFICATION0001.pdf 

Diana Joshi

2016-03-21

Sir,

I am an Employee of the company we have already provided them all the necessary documents & fees as well. But according to them if we dont give them the Domicile certificate they wont issue the VAT & CST certificate.

I feel like we are unnecessarily getting harassed from past 6 months whereas we are providing each & every document relating to company & directors. We have also asked the officer if apart from the amount paid till date he aspires to get something more.

This is really pathetic. Either the government should have one law all over the country or an easy way to get those government certificates. Karnataka government is not giving me VAT & CST certificate due to Domicile & Gujarat Govt is not clear about the lenghty process for getting Domicile.

I Karnataka officers reply is like my commissioner just wants Domicile. He is not ready to listen to anything else. It seems like he hardly knows the law & legislature.

Diana Joshi

2016-03-21

Sir,

As per the notification sent by you point No. 9 states that the Domicile Certificate is necessary. I have actually authorised one of our local Bangalore Employee to carry on the statutory registrations on behalf of the company. Now if the local resident is signing the documents relating to VAT & CST, Do I need to get send the domicile of Directors??

Rahul Rai

2016-03-21

Few more questions, Did officer reject your application or issued any endorsement? Security deposit is paid?

Appoint a consultant who has frequent intereaction with department and can come out with a solution.

Diana Joshi

2016-03-21

The application is not rejected yet. He is asking for Domicile certificate thats it. Deposit ispaid already. Consultant is already appointed but he probably does not have much hands on in this matter.