2016-05-28

Hi 

I have received an intimation u/s 200A with the details as per below

Intest on late Payment         174

Late filling Levy                     2400

Default Payable                     1287

Rounding                                  3

Net Payable                          1290

But while filling the demand paymnet in the Fee column what amount i need to put. Please help me in it

Regards

Saurabh

Mukesh Jain CA

2016-06-11

Your question is not clear. What I understand is that you want to fill a TDS challan to make payment. You can put late filing fee in Fee u/s 234E, Interest in Interest row, tax amount in Tax row.

saurabh kanchan

2016-06-11

Sir,

Thanks for your response.

I have to make the paymnet to the tax authority, but as per the details in the default statemnet

Intest on late Payment         174

Late filling Levy                     2400

and the net payable is 1290. As per the details it should be 2400+174= 2574. So i need to pay 2574 or 1290.

If i need to pay 1290 then what anount i need to fill in columns (Intest on late Payment  and Late filling Levy). Pls help me 

Regards

Saurabh

saurabh kanchan

2016-06-16

Hi All,

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Saurabh

Pragya Deo

2016-07-03

hi, i have received a initimation for "interest on late deduction"

i have requested for the justification.

i want to know can i challenge this? i have filed all the TDS with the help of builders staff. and they are very sure that we have not done any mistake since it was filled within the stipulated time. alos i have always filled it in advance (if its for preent slab then i fill it till 3-4 slabs ahead) out of 4times 2 times i have received an intimation. recently. can u guide me the process for challenging it?

mine is not a huge amount but still i wish to challenge.

also i have read that correction notice is sent prior to filing of default. but i didnt get any notice. enlighten me.

thanks.

pragya.

saurabh kanchan

2016-08-09

Hi Sir,

The late filling Levy will be entered under column Principal tax or Fee. Also what amount i need to enter i.e 2400 or 1113.

As pr the demand raise by IT net payable is 1290 and the break up is as per below:

1) Intraest on Late paymnet   : 174

2) Late filling Levy                   : 2400

Default payable        : 1287

Rounding                 : 3

Net payable(Rounding off) : 1290

Please help

Regards

Saurabh