please file returns to avoid penalty - Business & Economy - General - TIK Share

please file returns to avoid penalty

alex cardo

2016-06-08

Hi ,

I am Alex from Bangalore.

I have a small query, I hope you can shed some light on it please !

I opened a small company with myself and my friend for handling contruction projects in 2009 and got out TIN.

After a year we had to shut it down due to some personal conflicts with my friend.

We closed the bank account and that was the end of it.

Since then we have not done any business whatsoever with it.

I keep getting SMS from LVO bangalore that "please file returns to avoid penalty" etc etc".

How can i stop these SMS from getting generated ?  and is there anything I need to do to officially close this TIN

Thanks Alex

Mukesh Jain CA

2016-06-09

you need to surrender the TIN first online then physically to the department. The VAT dept will check the records and then it issues a surrender certificate. After you get surrender certificate officially the business is closed.

CA Aman Kesharwani

2016-06-13

Dear, 

You need to surrender your TIN after clearing all your pendency i.e demands interest etc... After that you will receive surrender certificate....

Regards

CA Aman Kesharwani 

+918755557476

Madhu Agarwal

2016-06-13

Hello,

You are still receiving the messages because officially your business is not closed. You have to surrender all your government registration certificates related to this business.Henceforth you will receive the surrender certificate and officially your business is closed.