To Kill or Not to Kill - Computers And Technology - Gadgets - TIK Share

To Kill or Not to Kill

Abhishek Chanda

"If the dacoit is running away shoot him in the leg". How many times have we heard this old adage? Countless number of suspects have been shot dead in 'Encounters'. The number of suspects who have been killed while trying to evade capture is indeed high. 

In this age of Technology where collaboration, cooperation and committment can eradicate the 'Eye for an Eye' mentality, why don't we take a cue from the Police Forces abroad and give our Policewaalas and women Tasers? Tasers not only preserve the sanctity of life, they also make women feel safer on the streets.

How expensive, complicated or inconvenient could it be? Someone threatens you. You shoot a concentrated beam of electricity/wire/dart immobilizing him with 100 Volts.

I'd be interested to know if anybody at all in India has made/imported such a Technology. Pepper Sprays and Chilli Powder have limited use and they are not useful if the attacker has goggles.

CA Pulkit Sharma

I believe people dont use it much in India. But a good idea indeed.

Never heard anyone using them in India. But are they cost effective and legal in India?

Vedanta Deshika

@abhishek chanda

I suppose you are talking about the recent attack on a woman inside an ATM near JC Road. What i feel is that it is the joint responsibility of banks and the government to bring in to force a hardcore security system. Having CC cameras, wellbuilt and welltrained security guards are some basic things which were neglected by the bank.  

The number of cases like these are on the rise , its hightime the government up the ante on this matter as nothing is more important than life of its citizens, no matter how much more money they would have to shelve out on strengthing the security system through advanced technologies

~CA Vedanta Deshika