Good, bad or Ugly. How was 2013 for you and India? Discuss here - General - Others - TIK Share
2 Likes 415 Views

Good, bad or Ugly. How was 2013 for you and India? Discuss here

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-12-13

How was 2013 for you?

For me the year 2013 was one of the best year. Cleared CA, doing what i love to do.

And amazing thing is didnot accept some 5 high paying careers (not printed in news papers ;)

On overall the year was personally and professionaly really good.

As far as India is concerned the year 2013 seems to be better than 2012. Achievement of India in 2013 are:

1. Launch of Mangalyaan
  2. AAP winning good number of seats in Delhi
  3. Narendra Modi succesfully shadowed Congress
  4. No nonsense movie by Salaman Khan this year
  5. People voted for development and not disaster schemes launched by Congress government in Rajasthan.

Bad things that happened in 2013 in India are:

1. Chennai Express earning more than 300 crore again damaged the hope that Indian will not watch masala scriptless stories.
  2. Indian Economy under pressure. Development paused, Rupee depreciating everyday.
  3. Policy paralysis, no major decisions by government.

Vedanta Deshika

2013-12-16

The Year 2013 was mixed with lot of ups and downs for me.

First of all , i had achieved the biggest of all all my dreams of passsing the herculean Chartered accountancy course.

It was a great year where i explored my trueself. Met some great unforgettable people in life, brief yet sweet memories at workplace, bought new handset, a new tablet phone , was now looking as though as i am a damn serious person ( four -eyed :P) when i started wearing specs for small correction because of my long eye-sightedness :P, got bored of all Mcds KFCs, CCDs, nandhinis, subways pizzahut and all that nonsense and started enjoying the simple dosas , idlis, filtred coffee, panipuri on roadsides, became a ardent fan of Ruskin bond's stories, writings, quit two jobs for want of JOB SATISFACTION  :P ( though i am a typical middle class guy who cant afford to quit :D), gained some more weight, travelled nooks and corners of bangalore, lost my loving grandpa :( , became more silent deep within myself, had tough times working with stupid bosses, yup... 

And i learnt

" Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" (~Seren Kierkegoard)

Life goes on an on and on.. No regrets... No expectations.. No disappointments

Cant beleive 2013 passed by as if it was a train-passing by a station. Waiting for 2014 to see the what are the thrills and chills that life has to give me ..

and i Wish you all a happy new year 2014 in advance

Enjoy
~ CA Vedanta Deshika