Worst policies ever Introduced by Indian Government
What you think the worst policies ever implemented by Indian government?
As per me the top shcheme to top the list should be NREGA.
NREGA: THE NATIONAL RURAL EMPLOYMENT GUARANTEE ACT, 2005 must be a nightmare for the nation. The scheme was such a big blow to economy. Tax money that is collected is being used for securing vote banks and lost in corruption. The money that should have been used for improvement of Infrastructure is used for digging of graves for Indian Economy.
The good changes that this scheme brought are:
- A little decrease in migration of rural population to cities for job search
- Guaranteed job and guaranteed payment provided little security to poor labour
- Empty mind is devils workshop, atleast people got bussy.
The bad things that make this scheme an evil:
- Corruption: Money does not reach to payment gateway
- Fake labours on roll
- No one knows what these labour does; one crowed digs another fills
- Heavy politics in rural areas over allotment of work and contract
- Due to this schemes in some states, labour rates increased significantly. Farming became costlier, housing cost sky rocketed and many side effects.
- No labours for farms, no labours for construction, no labours for factories; yes this is the real situtation in some states.
Correctly said. The labour cost skyrocketed, the funny part here is that none of labour get enough to send their childrens to school.
Someone rightly said " Give a fish and you feed for once, teach to catch fish and you feed for everyday", what government is doing is giving the fish. Our congress government always thinks of short term goal and never about longterm.
What they should do is educate the childrens, Improve the quality of education in government schools.