Quality of Education in Indian Government School Improved or Degraded - Business & Economy - Career - TIK Share

Quality of Education in Indian Government School Improved or Degraded

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-12-17

Quality of Education in Indian Government School Improved or Degraded

Quality of Education in Government Schools was never good in India. Before 18 years i attained government schools for 3 years. Our class was under a tree, no different period and learned only numbers for 3 years. Surprisingly after 3 years got the marks card of 3rd standard without writing any exams.

I believe those 3 years were worst part of my educational life. Have you ever gone to a government school? How was your experiance?

As per me the reasons for such a low quality education is:

1. Reservation in everything
  2. Teachers work as cook for mid-day meal
  3. Teachers work as Electrol officers during election
  4. Teachers work as surveyors for NSSO, count the population
  5. Teachers are Highly unprofessional and outdated with subjects

Note: The above pick is a random one and my school was far better in infrastructure than this.

Shrikanth Alva

2013-12-17

Our Governments are assigning so many other works for teachers, introduced so many schemes for schools without providing sufficient manpower. These things are making teachers difficult to concentrate on actual their job. Again quality of education depends on selection board also. In this regard I think the government should introduce teachers' knowledge upgrading programs or workshops. I thank all our teachers those who worked without showing these anger on students, and still working for students' future. Our Government should respect teachers, because I believe this is the only profession where they work to build a great nation. It is degraded, Govt. should focus on this matter.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-12-23

@Alva

Yes man teachers are great. But the realty is education that students get is too low. As a student i dont think i can consider my education learning a great boost in my career.

But i believe the one bad thing that happened to education sector is opening of Coaching and tutorial centers.

Most of the good teachers have their own coaching centers. And they teach better in coaching centers than schools.

If same teacher is available in school and coaching center, than why a difference in teaching?

I believe education is not to make money and those who joined the teaching profession knows this.

What is your take on this?

Shrikanth Alva

2014-01-20

@Pulkit Sharma

Yes, I will agree your point. It is solely left to teachers' morality, My concern is over coaching decrease ones  self learning ability, he may succeed in the subject but definitely struggle in future.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-01-21

@Shrikanth

Agree with you on coaching point. Recently CA results were declared and my sister cleared it. She attended coaching. Except her all other girls (Around 40) failed.

So, coaching are useless untill you have analytical and logical thinking or develop them yourself.