What features you think a classified should have that are not available currently? - Business & Economy - General - TIK Share

What features you think a classified should have that are not available currently?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-12-28

Currently there are lot of classified website in India. Most of them have same functionalities. And provide same services. The major services of these website are:

1. Post free Ad
  2. Post free requirements
  3. Post free buy or sell offers
  4. Post Job offers or requirements
  5. And PAY to get your ad on Top (Called premium listings)

Do you feel some extra functions should be added to these AD sites?

What you feel are the extra features you think should be available on these classified sites?

Babulal Shiradana

2013-12-28

I feel we should have an option to tag ppl/group which we might be interested in the classified that is posted.

This will help people to see their interest related post in new feeds/notifications.

Kishlay Singh

2013-12-28

Whenever I think about a classified, the first thing comes to my mind is  ‘BE AWARE’! Classifieds like OLX.com, quikr.com etc… seldom display authentic ads. If you search for a simple part time writing job, they will show ads like: EARN 50,000 PER MONTH JUST READING E-MAILS. Can you imagine? I wonder why there’s so much poverty in India, if such things were to be true. I think classifieds like craigslist are nothing more than a sex racket in virtual world.

But it doesn’t mean all classified ads are scandalous. Few sites with authentic ads are indeed there which can be trusted if used wisely. As per the topic of discussion, I’d suggest a classified site should be such that the ads placed on it are real, and the users are protected from internet fraudsters. I don’t know if it’s possible to attain such levels of authenticity, and gratify every user; but at least it should not prove detrimental and risky to anyone. Is there a feature that can ensure all the ads placed on a classified site are real and trustworthy? Sorry, I may sound silly, don’t have much technical knowledge.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-12-28

There is no classified website that is 100% authenticate. But hope some comes. Tikshare is planning for a classified and this survey is for that only.

Hope we come up with this thing.

Kishlay Singh

2013-12-28

I congratulate Tikshare's for undertaking such projects. Being an active member of tikshare, I fully support it, and wish for its success. If you need any help in writing promotional articles, I can help. :)

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-12-28

Ofcourse will need your help. Can you bring more friends of yours to discuss on site. Need to test the site before we go for public promotion.

Kishlay Singh

2013-12-29

I will ask few of my friends to contribute article on this site. However, the problem is that we're in the first sem of Journalism course and only three students in our class(me included) holds the credit of being a good writer. The seniors are busy with their news website Acharya360 which is to be launched in January. Don't know why there're not too many writers in our college. The two others whom I mentioned may be intrested to write for Tikshare (if they give up spending much of their time making You-tube videos and photography.) But I'll continue to write for tikshare so as to build a strong portfolio for freelance Journalism. And I want to be labled as a content writer,when I leave this site to join a freelancing network, in the form of a testimonial issued  through this website, as it will help me build reputation as a good writer. That's what I want from Tikshare in return of all the efforts that I'm putting in. :)

Kishlay Singh

2013-12-29

I will ask few of my friends to contribute article on this site. However, the problem is that we're in the first sem of Journalism course and only three students in our class(me included) holds the credit of being a good writer. The seniors are busy with their news website Acharya360 which is to be launched in January. Don't know why there're not too many writers in our college. The two others whom I mentioned may be intrested to write for Tikshare (if they give up spending much of their time making You-tube videos and photography.) But I'll continue to write for tikshare so as to build a strong portfolio for freelance Journalism. And I want to be labled as a content writer,when I leave this site to join a freelancing network, in the form of a testimonial issued  through this website, as it will help me build reputation as a good writer. That's what I want from Tikshare in return of all the efforts that I'm putting in. :)

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-12-29

@Kishlay

Thats not an issue if your friends are not good writers. They can become by discussing on Forum (Practice makes perfect).

The goal should be to make Tikshare reach to maximum people and be famous. The more famous the site, more strong your portfolio.

You can invite everyone on the site. And as already discussed Tikshare is going to launch classified soon. The famous the Tikshare, faster marketing for classified. And once classified is launched you can advertise your services and since you are already established writer on tikshare, you will have first preference over other advertisers.

Also Tikshare will have functions which will allow users to sell there contents. (Will open up the plans once Tikshare Local is launched)