Most backward and poverty struck states in India - Business & Economy - General - TIK Share

Most backward and poverty struck states in India

Prakash mehta

2013-12-29

India is a big country with diversified geographical structures. India comprises of 28 major states. Some states are highly advance(Gujarat) and some are highly backword (Jharkhand).

Most backward and poverty struck states in India

List of happiest states is already released on the forum. Lets have a look at the list of states which i feel are the most backword states of India.

1. Jarkhand: Economical poor state. It can compete with African countries in terms of poverty and mis-governance. Seen many government changes but remains India's most backword state. Jharkhand is one of the richest states, it has one of the highest deposits of coal, iron and many valuable minerals. Mis-governance, nexalist etc, are the problems faced by Jharkhand. Only achievement Jharkhand have is it produced Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
  2. Orissa: Same conditions as Jharkhand facing. But politicaly static.
  3. Chhattisgarh: Can you mention a single person belonging from Chhattisgarh who raised to national level post demerge of state.
  4. Rajasthan: Its a shocking entry from my side. But state has bad road, no employment, casteism, Corrupted.
  5. Kerala: Strikes and only strikes. No major contribution to economy(except foreign inwords from Arab countries).
  6. West Bengal: Same as Kerala but without foreign inwords.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-12-29

I may not agree with the list completly. But the list looks perfect if we compare these states in terms of political stability, economic development, contribution to national GDP etc.

In above list Jharkhand is the state with bad luck. The state has worst political rulings. Mis-governance, corruption and violance are the major problems.

Despite of it having the biggest industries of India, the state is poorest state.

A file picture of condition of child health in Jharkhand

A file picture of condition of child health in Jharkhand