Service tax between Employee - Employer - Professionals - Taxation - TIK Share
2 Likes 664 Views

Service tax between Employee - Employer

Vedanta Deshika

2014-02-08

We all know that services provided by employees to employers is outside the ambit of service tax. However, the following are still liable to service tax.

1. Services provided outside the terms of employment. 
2. Non-compete agreement 
3. Expenses recovered from employees for private use of company facilities
4. Canteen charges recovered from employees
5. To and fro transportation charges recovered from employees
6. Stay in guest house Rs 1000 per day or more 
7. Charges for private use of official car unless it is just under a "Right to use" agreement.

So the companies have to be now aware of the canteen and transport deduction recoveries since department is insisting many companies to pay Service tax. Now, the greatest doubt that remains in our minds is whether the company has to issue Invoices (or similar document) and charge service tax from employees ?? 

Opinions are welcome 

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-02-08

Thanks for writing this wonderful post.

Its an explanation to the post discussed by you earliers on this forum. It here Service tax on Amount recovered from employees.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-02-13

My pleasure working with Tikshare

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-02-13

Its not a pleasure. We are not working for tikshare. We are sharing knowledge to help each other and public at large.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-02-13

Pulkit Sharma

Get some training on basic english and U better understand the difference between "Working for" and " Working With".  

I am no where related to Tikshare or any of its affairs. When i say its been a pleasure working with Tikshare i meant its been great writing some articles, discussing some good topics, understnding some issues on this forum.   

Vedanta Deshika

2014-02-13

@pulkit sharma

I find it pleasurable to be posting my queries and also writing some articles. otherwise why would i do it here on tikshare and not on some other sites like caclub, charteredclub. before posting anything think twice and dont be non-sensical