Demand Outstanding Income Tax for the AY 2010-11
One of My client got Outstanding demand notice From Income Tax Department for the AY 10-11. My doubt is how to pay that demand notice tax ? whether i can pay by Self assessment or else any specific procedure for this payment?
Please reply as early
Thanks & Regards
Please pay the demand by ITNS 280 the same challan which you use for self assessment. Please tick on tax on regular assessment.
follow few points as given.
1. Fill challan 280 with tax on regular assessment mentioning the same A.Y.
2. pay the demand amount.
3. since it comes under tax on regular assessment you need to get it assessed from department.
4. draft a letter in two copies to the assessing officer with jurisdiction of PAN mentioning intimation correspondence No., challan no. of tax payment advice, branch of the bank & date of payment as well.
5. now file the letter after satisfying all the requirements as mentioned above and enclose the challan of tax paid.
6. further assessing officer will acknowlegd you with the second copy of drafted letter with seal of income tax department.
7. now the assessment of the demand is over & nullified by the department.
With Thanks & Regards