Delay & Short refund of Income tax due to TDS Mismatch - Professionals - Taxation - TIK Share
0 Likes 438 Views

Delay & Short refund of Income tax due to TDS Mismatch

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2014-03-15

I have a very tricky situation. One of my clients has to recieve a refund for AY 2008-9 but till date he has not recieved due to TDS mismatch. What to do now? Form 16A & Form 26AS are not reconciling and hence the refund is lesser than what is recievable. For another AY 2009-10, TDS as per 26AS is completely matching as per Form 16A but still refund recievable is lesser than the refund as per the return filed. Kindly advice how to deal with the above two cases

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-03-15

The situation you are facing is common now days due to wrong TDS filing by deductors.

Regarding AY 2008-09, you need to discuss with deductor and ask him to get the TDS data corrected.

Regarding AY 2009-10, the short refund may be due to defects in return filed by client. Income tax department would have informed the client under intimation u/s 143(1).

You can check the intimation and revert back to IT department if you feel calculation by IT department is not correct.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-03-15

@Pulkit sharma

I also feel , if the return is filed through efiling, the assessee can also apply for Rectification u/s 154(1)