Why do debates happen? - General - Others - TIK Share
9 Likes 3198 Views

Why do debates happen?

Bada Mouth

2014-03-15

Why do debates happen?

I mean what is right is right, no debates can prove something wrong which is right.

Do debates happen because members in debates have no knowledge about what they are discussing? Empty heads makes more chaos!!!

We see debates on TV channels, news papers etc. What they intend to prove. I agree debates are possible where any dicission is to be taken.

The problem to which results are contingent can be debated but the problems or issues which have occured and results are available, should they be discussed?

Vedanta Deshika

2014-03-15

Debates is very important for any civilized society. Talking about topics from various perspectives can change the mindsets, norms and biasedness of the society and can make us think out of the box.

Remember " Life is hard, its harder when you are stupid. Dont be stupid, debate"

Prakash mehta

2014-03-15

Debates happens when 2 or more people does not have the same opinion about a topic.

Debates can happen on any topic. In history classes we have debates on who was write or wrong in the wars.

Even the post by you have tempted me to write a reply and debate begins here :). Empty heads makes chaos!!!

Do empty heads have the verbal communication capacity, even to communicate you need some information.

For most of the time the debates are initiated due to lack of information or unavailability of correct facts or members having wrong facts.

Even the ego plays a big role in debates.

As per me most the time debates happens due to:

1. Members have wrong information or facts
  2. Members do not have any information or facts
  3. Members do not want to lose debate!!!
  4. The results are contingent and results may affect larger pie
  5. Vested interest of members in discussion

Bada Mouth

2014-03-15

@ Vedanta Deshika

Agreed Debates should be continued for a better society. But if the results are known and necessity of debate does not arise, than why DEBATE?

@Prakash Mehta

Agree with you. But if we know someone have the vested interests, why do we entertain them in discussion?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-03-15

Discussion or debates are not only due to availability of wrong facts/information but also if the matter discussed have the different view points.

For example legal matters are hard to interpret in a manner which are acceptable to all. A legal rule may communicate different understandings to different people.

Debate is required to arive at a common solution for something which interprets different views to different people.

Bada Mouth

2014-03-15

@Pulkit Sharma

Rules are rules and have to be understood in true sense for which they are incorporated in laws.

What is the requirement to discuss? The discussions in legal matters give rise to more confusion and we have seen the Indian laws to be most complicated in world.

Prakash mehta

2014-03-15

@ BM

f you observe a judge can not order justice for himself. Similarly no discussion should have a member who have the vested intrest in the matter.

But how do you make sure that the member is not indirectly involved in any benefits arising from his proposed idea?

Most of the discussion or debates are around the decisions which affects the interests of empaneled members.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-03-15

Legal laws have to be discussed because you can not make rules for each and every human activity.

There has to be a ruling system at macro level and activities at micro level must comply with rules.

It is impossible to make legal rules for each and every micro activity. Discussions, most of the time revolves around the applicability of laws to micro activities and the manner/extent upto which they are applicable.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-03-15

@Bada Mouth

On Settled issues, there is no point in debating except that it can enlighten the audience about the nuisances of the issue debated. 

Rahul Rai

2014-03-15

WHATS HAPPENING HERE!!!! --------------- A DEBATE???

Debates happens because we dont agree on something (Pulkit's second reply on legal matters) or we want to have one (Parliament).

Look here we are having debates because everyone of us have different opinions on why we debate.

SEO Guru

2014-03-15

Good discussion to jump in. Firstly the title should have been, Why we debate?

Everyone does it. From a child to grandfather, everyone debate. From choosing the school to career, we discuss and debate.

We debate over which film to watch, we debate over which dress to buy.

We debate over caste, religion, politics, color and everything thats possible.

I have something to ask, What are the topics on which we can not have debate at all?

News Reporter

2014-03-15

@ SEO Learner

We debate on every issue. I think (i may look fool) but can we debate with ourself?

Does this solve your question?

SEO Guru

2014-03-15

@News Reporter

We can ofcourse debate with ourself!!!

Are you not double minded while selecting which dress to buy? Which job to join?

We have debates every milisecond, humans named it CONFUSION!!!

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-03-15

@ SEO

What are the topics on which we can not have debate at all? 

Regarding your this question i would like to have a debate with you.

Lets debate on - Does Sun emit heat? :)

SEO Guru

2014-03-15

Yes sun emits heat. Debate over :)

This is the point that everyone of us is trying to make.

No debates will happen if the things are as clear as sun emitting heat. Debate is the common name given to confusion, mis-understanding and disagreement.

Babulal Shiradana

2014-03-15

According to me debates are due to varied thoughts in people, everyone thinks differently hence we debated to put our views forward and enlighten other people about our views.

Bada Mouth

2014-03-15

@ Babu

But if the view of one person is right and others wrong. We can reject the wrong ideas, why debate on this.

Right is right, even if debated!!!

Babulal Shiradana

2014-04-03

Right,

as i mentioned "its about accepting the right views".

put our views forward and enlighten other people about our views.

- See more at: http://www.tikshare.com/forum/showPost/668/Why-do-debates-happen?#replySection

- See more at: http://www.tikshare.com/forum/showPost/668/Why-do-debates-happen?#replySection

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2014-04-04

@ Bada Mouth

Why do debates happen ?

Haha, your question is very funny. Debates happen because people want to debate. People want to debate because intelligents can no longer keep quiet seeing foolish people bark so much. But in the end , 

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

So, as a wise person i will never argue with a fool once i come to know he is a fool. 

Prakash mehta

2014-04-09

Even sometime debates happens because of not accepting what is right instead we call for what is acceptable.

Son wants to be an actor but father wants him to be a doctor.

For son becoming actor is right, but to father doctor is acceptable. Father debate with son for what is acceptable to him rather than what is right.

It's pronounced doctor son

Prakash mehta

2014-06-27

@ Rakesh

Without debating how you will realise whether the person is a fool or not. First you have to open the communication path to realise whether he is a fool or not.

Fools dont have id cards sticked to their face.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2014-06-27

@Prakash mehta

Read my comment carefully before replying. I stop arguing with a fool once i come to know he is a fool. I am going to stop arguing with you now for the same reason. 

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-27

Firstly Mr. Rakesh, Prakash Mehta is not a fool. He just had a doubt and wanted to clarify. You could have taken his comment as question related to psychological abilities of some person.

You could have answered it with psychological inputs and your opinion on how to judge people. Your reply is funny but not in a good taste.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-06-28

Pulkit Sharma

You seem to blow up this issue out of proportion. Anyone who reads these comments and replies will figure out who is a fool and who is not one. 

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2014-06-28

Pulkit 

Try to cultivate sense of humour and learn to take these things so seriously. 

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-28

There is no sense in debating with someone who is not going to apply his commonsense and understand basic rights.

What is wrong in what Prakash Mehta asked? He just wanted to clarify something but Rakesh gave an answer not required, instead he could have explained his expertise in understanding people.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2014-06-28

Yes Pulkit tell me what explanations you want

Rahul Rai

2014-12-23

Debates happens because everyone wants to become politicians. Look at out TV panels, everyone wants to show his expertise by contradicting each other.