Who were or are the best people who have contributed big to Indian Music? - General - Lifestyle - TIK Share
1 Likes 410 Views

Who were or are the best people who have contributed big to Indian Music?

Rahul Rai

2014-04-04

India is a land of Music. We love music anytime. From child births to Death of a person, music is everywhere.

Just wanted to know who are the people who contributed big time to music in recent times?

Prakash mehta

2014-04-04

As per me some of the greatest people related to music in recent times are:

1. Ustad Bismillah Khan: He gave new hieghts to Sarangi.
  2. MS Subulakshmi
  3. RD Burmen
  4. Kishor Kumar
  5. AR Rahaman
  6. Ravi Shankar
  7. Jagajit Singh
  8. Mohammed Rafi
  9. Latta Mageshkar
  10. Bhimsen Joshi
  11. Santosh Anand - One of the best lyrics writer

Vedanta Deshika

2014-04-04

I think music in india can be seen from various angles

One is the carnatic classical

Another one being hindustani classical

And another prominent section is the film music

Each one of these genres witnessed great stalwarts and legends 

I being an ardent carnatic music lover , like the following musicians 

1. Ms subbulakshmi - for her divine singing

2. Kj yesudas  - for his soothing voice

3. balamuralikrishna - for his deep knowledge of thecarnatic music

I would like to include singers like santhanam, unni krishnan, mysore brothers, l subramaniam as  the most famous carnatic artists who made international appearances and made our country proud in the carnatic genre

When it comes to hindustani i like hariprasad chaurasia saab for his eloquent n flawless flute playing, praveen godkindi is also a veteran hindustani flautist who is scaling greater heights.

Indian film music is a great form of music which is a mixture of both western n indian classical genre. Legends like rd burman, mohammed rafi, kishore kumar' lata mangeshkar spbalu sjanaki psusheela chitra sonu shreya ilayaraja rehman hariharan shankar mahadevan and many more singers music directors will be remembered forever n ever