NSE or BSE, which is best stock exchange in India? - Business & Economy - Stock Market - TIK Share

NSE or BSE, which is best stock exchange in India?

Prakash mehta

2014-04-09

India have many stock exchanges. The 2 main stock exchange are Bombay Stock exchange (BSE) and National stock exchange (NSE).

Which is the best stock exchange out of these two stock exchanges and why?

Stock Guru

2014-04-09

Bombay Stock exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE) are the biggest stock exchange in India.

Which is best among this, is a great question. Firstly we have to list down the factors on which we can rank these exchanges.

The factors coming to my mind as of now are:

1. Number of brokers
  2. Service availability
  3. Goodwill
  4. Speed of systems and servers
  5. Products
  6. Listing rules

Coming to first factor, Number of brokers. Both exchange have almost same number of brokers. Its not a major factor to declare that both exchanges are equal. Number of brokers and sub-brokers is same because investors can may a stock which is listed only in one exchange. Brokers have to take membership of both exchange to serve the clients.

Second factor, service availibility. Here national stock exchange wins the race. National stock exchange was started with main aim to provide higher quality of service and investors were financial institutes and banks.

Third factor, Goodwill. Again NSE have a better goodwill compared to BSE.

Products. NSE offers more products compared to BSE.

Listing rules: Listing rules of NSE are strict than BSE. Its easy to get listed on BSE than NSE. You may find some companies running only in paper are listed on BSE but not on NSE.

Considering these five factors as per me NSE wins the race. I would conclude that NSE is the best stock exchange of India.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-04-09

Even my vote foes for NSE and reasons are same as given by StockGuru.