Review of Dell 15 3521 Core i3 Touch Laptop - Computers And Technology - Gadgets - TIK Share

Review of Dell 15 3521 Core i3 Touch Laptop

Vedanta Deshika

2014-05-17

This is my brief so-called review on my new dell 3521 touch laptop, though am neither a tech-savy user nor a gadget freak. Well, this my the first experience using a touch laptop. I am not so comfortable with Windows after getting used to android. I am as good as a newbie who is still exploring Microsoft touch-oriented Windows 8. As soon as i bought this machine, i did a skype calling to one of my friends and tested the camera. Camera quality is not so great , its just around 1 MP, so dont expect high quality selfies or video conferencing kinda stuffs.

Coming to the Systems Specs, well you could google it. Its a Core i3 Intel Processor with 4GB Ram and an additional 1 GB Graphics memory for better video capabilities. The 1.8 Ghz Processor with x64 based processor does not make any special influence on Processing speed. Touch screen has a support for upto 10 touch points at a time.

Listened to some Indian film music , it has great speakers i got to admit, bass effects, presets in the equaliser are too handy. Video quality is too good since its resolution around 1360*760 ie. HD Videos are the max, cant play FULL-HD videos.

Played few free games available on the Windows App store, its been great playing battle of chepauk playing on this full screen with such clarity and superfast graphics. 

I am not yet still able to completely get used to touch environment, once i play few more HD games, use few more applications, i will be able to review a touch screen laptop.

Thats it for now, will come back shortly for some more interesting things about my new lappy. 

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-05-17

You missed out some points. Even i am interested to buy a laptop from Dell.

I already have Dell inspiron 15 and found it one of the worst thing i ever purchased.

Tell whether you have these issues in your laptop, if you dont have i will buy the same laptop.

While opening the laptop does it make broken noices, my laptop does!!!

How is battery backup?

What about heating?

Hard Disc speed?

Touch response and touch capabilities?

From where did you buy your Dell 15 3521 Core i3 Touch Laptop?

Rahul Rai

2014-05-17

Please tell the Size of laptop. It is thin or thick. How much does it weigh?

Vedanta Deshika

2014-05-17

@Pulkit, its too early for me to have found any issues. I need to use it for atleast a week. As of now, Laptop is running hassle-free without any problems as such. Battery backup is somewhat okay since being a touch screen laptop, you would run out of juice too frequently. The WLED technology of the screen is supposed to consume less battery. I coud use it with around 60% brightness for around 3 hours with 70% backup completely running out of juice. Heating is a common issue in dell laptops if u continuosly use it for more than 2 hours. Hard Disc speed cant comment since i havent loaded too many files/apps onto it. Touch screen is amazing with a 10 multi touch facility , too good a feature if you are a game freak. I bought this piece from Flipkart paying 40,891 INR.  

Coming to its weight, it is 2.25 kg , i guess its pretty much for me to handle. I would have asked for max to max 1.5 kg although :P. Screen size is 15.6 inch with a WLED screen , although resolution is just a HD, expected a full HD for this price.