IPL- Should we really watch it - Sports - Cricket - TIK Share
0 Likes 496 Views

IPL- Should we really watch it

Mukesh Jain CA

2014-05-18

IPL- It is not a Premier league better should we call it as Indian betting league (IBL). As we know many matches are subject to betting & results are pre-decided. Indians invest thier hard earned money in this & foreign palyers, team owners earn huge bucks out of it. So think about it ? Is it worthful to give so much importance ?

In last IPL also there were many players involved in the betting. I think there is no sports man ship. Our money our desicion let us be careful. 

Bada Mouth

2014-05-18

How does team owners make money from IPL is a big question.

IPL teams are auctioned at more than 2000 crore for each team. Team owners have to make money.

They make it legally and without following legal rules.

For team owners the source of income are:

1. Advertisements and indorsements
  2. Price money for winning the matches
  3. TV rights
  4. Share in profits

These revenue shares are not enough to cover the operating and fixed expenses of maintaining the statue of IPL teams.

Team owner take other methods to make money. One such method is SATTA (Betting). Raj Kundra of Rajasthan Royals was under the focus of investigation agencies for his involvement in betting.

Srishanth, another famous player was accused of betraying the team. Money is everything for players, team owners and sponsers.

Its no more a game that can be enjoyed, i dont say it should be closed. What i want is that Teams, players and results of game should be fair and not influenced by anyone other than palyers playing on the field.

I have no problem with Team owners and others making money, i only want that purity of game be restored.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-05-18

Well, this question of whether one should really watch it or not sounds very immature to me. Instead your question should have been why people watch IPL even with so much controversies like betting, fixing, sledging, the way players are auctioned like a commodity in a market. I watch IPL for basically two reasons 

1. To see the local unseen talents , unheard names, coming from each state. Sanju Samson, Tare, Saha, Chahal and many more such new and also young cricketers

2. To watch out for the thrilling experience when some one hits ball out of the ground like Gayle does... because am a crazy cricket fan who enjoys any form of cricket :D