Doubt in PSA accountant4 software - Tikshare - Talk to Admin - TIK Share
0 Likes 672 Views

Doubt in PSA accountant4 software

Sarada Ramaswamy

2014-06-01

Hi

I am using the PSA accountant4 excel software. I am unclear how to edit 'new account' entries. In case I categorise an account wrongly as asset and have clicked 'update button', and later wish to change it as liability, is it possible?

What about editing data entry section after pressing 'update' button?'

Thanks

Sarada

sarada.ramaswamy2@gmail.com

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-03

Thank you for showing interest in this file. You can edit the entries in accounting file by going to the database where entries are saved.

For example in case of New accounts, the data is saved in same sheet.

If you want to edit party account, then cgo to Cell A154 in Data Entry Sheet. Here you can see and edit any party account you want to edit.

Similarly all entries are saved in Master sheet, you can select the table and edit the entries as per your requirements.

But take care that, when you edit an posted entry, you edit both the double sides.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-06-27

Lol , what an accounting package by a great accountant

Seems like the programmer has forgot basic accounting principles. Pulkit, if you posted a wrong entry, why do you need to edit it, u must ideally pass a rectification entry. Get your basic rights.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-27

I never said its based on accounting principals. User asked about deleting or editing an entry. Rectification entry also can be passed in this file, if one want to pass the entry.

In tally also you can edit or delete entry that does not mean tally is not useable.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-06-27

Pulkit plz for godsake stop comparing your crappy piece of shit to TALLY if you really understand what is programming. 

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-27

You prepare something and publish. Some people can only crticise and you doing that. It took efforts of four years to prepare this file.

If you cannot praise atleast dont laugh and use bad language for efforts gone in this file.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-06-27

I dont want to claim i am a programmer just to showcase my excel skills, i will employ some developers if at all i need a customised software. Yes, it feels awkward when you compare your tiny excel tool to TALLY, hence i had to criticize. IF you cant be open to Criticisms, no one can help. 

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-27

I did not compare my file to tally and didnot claim that my file is equal or better than tally. I just told a fact that even in tally you can edit or delete the entries and that does not make tally a useless software.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-06-27

Good for you if you have realised these things