More tough decision and burden to fall on public-Good days ahead - Business & Economy - General Economy - TIK Share

More tough decision and burden to fall on public-Good days ahead

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-23

Indian Economy is in dark. Congress ruled country for 10 years and before that for whole post independence years excepts few 10 years. Congress lead government brought economic conditions of India to such state that it looked impossible to recover.

All thanks to Indian public that this time BJP government led by Narendra Modi is taking tough decisions to revive the economy. These decisions are going to be burden on public but in long run will revive the economic conditions and image of India.

The decisions are coming out like increase in rail fare by 14.5%, increase in rails fare (both passenger and goods transport) will increase the inflation but it was required to upgrade the railways. Government does not have funds (thanks to schemes of Congress) to pump in system, funds have to come from somewhere, its good if railways can sustain its growth from retained revenue.

More such tough decisions are to come from Modi government, Modi is strict and he will not do vote bank politics.

People should not hope for increase in tax exemption limits. In fact more taxes would be implemented, but tax laws will be made simple (hopefully). Inflation will go up before coming down; funds are required to implement any scheme to control the food movement and storage.

From decision taken on railway fare we can understand that policy of Modi is to make every department sustainable on its own revenue. To increase the revenue of all departments (including tax administration) hike is expected but once all departments have the enough funds, better facilities and transparency is expected.

It’s no wonder if government stops funding schemes aimed at vote bank politics such as NAREGA. Government is out of fund and may stop these policies and funds saved are expected to be pumped in education and defense sector.

Public is not fool and will understand the importance of decisions. These decisions are much required to revive the economy and have to understand that what Modi is doing is correct to take the India out of economical mesh created by UPA government.

Conclusions: Good days ahead (Achchhe Din Aane wale hain)!!!!

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2014-06-23

Atleast they could have waited till July 8th when railway budget will be announced. The Railway minister is just a chamcha to the high command and Finance Minister. Indian Railways may be the largest in the world but its administration its terribly bad. Hope Our Honorable Railway Minister will also take steps to revive the railway bureaucrats and also improve railway technologies to match with world standards    

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-23

What was the point in waiting till budget. The aim to generate revenue, fares had to be increased and they did.

I agree with improvement part but not with delay in hiking the fares.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2014-06-25

Pulkit Sharma, 

You dont have to agree or disagree with my views and i really dont care about that. These are my views. Railways and Public transport are not meant to become profit-oriented organisations. If at all they want to be commercial, let them cut loose from political control and become like any other PSU. BJP talks about big big words like transparency, accountability etc. If they are really so much honest politicians, let them first frame some kind of Tariff committee, let them explain with facts and figures what was the necessity for the hike. Why the Public shoud pay for ineffieciencies of the Railway Dept ? Why should railway be under political control is my basic question ?     

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-07-11

I know these are your views and you are free to have them. I am not telling that your view is wrong, i just wrote my views.