Age and Psychology - General - Lifestyle - TIK Share
1 Likes 462 Views

Age and Psychology

Vedanta Deshika

2014-06-27

Its  my general observation that people often have this mentality of becoming close-minded once they attain a particular age or say they finish some academic qualification. They are not ready to learn new things and think they have every damn knowledge of this world. I know every human being would become a confident person once he has achieved something or earned some money. But this kind of a situation is  just a inferiority complex people develop and show case it as confidence. Being humble and open minded and at the same time being confident of oneself is the greatest virtue which is very rare to inculcate. Hope people realise this soon and dont become laughing stocks in front of genius people   

Prakash mehta

2014-06-27

A very good post to read. I agree there is no age to learn. We should listen what others say. Sometime a child can teach us something.

With passing of years man should become more matured and open minded to accept what is right and wrong.

One cannot apply his thoughts in every situation. Being open minded is the best begining to learn something new.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-06-27

For the very first time, Mr Prakash Mehta  has replied with an open mind, I am glad you did that. 

Prakash mehta

2014-06-27

Mr. Vedanta i am very open minded when it comes to accepting something which is really good. Being to open minded to even negative things is also good but we should not implement them.

Its not first time, i am always open minded to suggestions.

BTW a very refreshing post. Keep it up.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-06-28

Each individual is gifted a different personality and he is suppose to behave in a manner he believe suits him best.

We can not judge anyone neither we can force anyone to behave in a manner we want them to.

But yes agree, learning new things can never be called a part of mannerism. Learning is an art and no one should ever feel that he knows everything.

Life is a school where we learn a new lesson everyday.

Mukesh Jain CA

2015-01-02

I believe that i am always a learner with open heart & mind. Your point is right sir that we should not close our minds with ego.